Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Turks & Caicos Adventure

I'm back! I know I've been saying this a lot recently, but last week I took an unexpected break from my little blog. While I didn't really mean to, but I was traveling a ton and think I actually needed a little break to come back refreshed and ready to write. So here I am friends, I promise to be better...
Last weekend, I headed down to the Turks & Caicos islands for some much needed R&R and to celebrate a friend's b'day.
To say that the beaches were beautiful is an understatement. The silky white sand beaches stretched for miles, while bright turquoise water provided the most amazing backdrop for pics.
Conch is plentiful on the island. Da Conch Shack, as the name indicates is crisp, white shack on the beach with sand floors that serves conch a variety of tasty ways: conch fritters (my fav) conch salad, conch soup, cubed conch, etc
After each hot, sunny day the clouds would roll in providing some relief from the heat and the most amazing sunsets.
Our hotel, the Villa Renaissance built during the construction boom, it's considered one of the oldest in Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales. (it's only 8 years old!)


If you have a chance, I highly recommend T&C!

1 comment:

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...