Tuesday, June 28, 2011

STAYCATION- PART 2 FOODIE HEAVEN

I heart Brooklyn. It was my second home during my staycation weekend. Sat, I ventured over the bridge to Williamsburg to partake in the brand-spanking new outdoor food event, Smorgasburg.
Started by the folks behind Brooklyn Flea, there are over 50 vendors, small (I8NY, Porchetta) and large (Momofuku Milk Bar, Red Hook Lobster Pound) serving delicious organically grown and locally sourced food. I'm convinced I've died and found foodie heaven by the East River. 


A finger-lickin' good sandwich by I8NY, roasted chicken with pickled green tomatoes and salsa verde.

A local fav, People's Pops were serving shaved ice from a huge ice block.

Frozen banana spiltz, yum! 

Wouldn't be Brooklyn without a slew of bikes chained to the fence.

If you're in NYC (or planning to visit), get to this market soon!  Once word gets out about this foodie haven, it won't be long before the lines start wrapping around the block. 

Saturdays, 9am-5pm, Rain or Shine, East River Waterfront, Williamsburg (btw. North 6 + 7 St.)

1 comment:

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...