Monday, May 16, 2011

THRIFTING, CINNAMON ROLLS AND CAPE COD

First things first. Big apologies. I've been neglecting my blog a little recently.  It's just that I've been on the road a lot. Last week I was in Cape Cod helping my Mom open our house for the summer rental season. It involved a lot of cleaning, gardening and raking leaves. We also took down a 25ft (dead) tree in the backyard.

 *My mom took this pic of me. She was thrown off a bit by my new camera and didn't quite capture the entire leaf pile. Who knows what I was doing?

Luckily, with rainy skies halting some of the outside work, we were able to visit many of the fantastic community/ church thrift shops and estate sales on Cape Cod. You've definitely heard me talk about them here. I managed to pick up 22 sets of glassware, some great milk glass, brass candlestick holders and Mad Men-like martini sets. These will all be coming to Octavia & Brown as soon as I can get them photographed. I might also need to throw a fantastic retro party too!

While I was in Chatham, I did manage to sneak in a cinnamon roll (or two) from Marion's Pie Shop. They are the size of your hand, but so soft and doughy.  Marion's also makes the most delicious chichen pot pies, but you have to get there early, because they sell out everyday...


Now that I'm back in NYC, I have a friend staying with me from San Francisco. She's a fellow foodie, we've been eating our way around NYC. More on that later this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...