Wednesday, March 23, 2011

TUMI TAG, OH YES.

Last night, I attended the NYC launch party of Tumi's collaboration with famous NYC graffiti artist John "Crash" Matos. Crash started early, tagging subways cars bound from Brooklyn to the Bronx. Now Crash's designs are shown in galleries and museums all over the globe. 

For someone who hasn't owned a plain, black suitcase since the 90s, this bright, creative luggage is right up my alley.

Staged in a dark, brick walled venue, the event was a feast for the eyes, from the huge collection of tagged Tumi luggage that was used as a make-shift drum set, to the original work that inspired the collaboration with Tumi. (It's being auctioned off for charity at ArtNet).

I indulged with mac and cheese egg rolls, mini hot dogs and hamburgers and spicy "Hell's Kitchen" margaritas while watching an ever revolving show of laser drawings designed by party goers.

At the end of the evening I walked away with an awesome Tumi Tag iPhone case. It's already replaced the boring black plastic case on my iPhone.

With great pop design and bright colors, let's just say you'll never lose your luggage on the baggage carousel again...

2 comments:

  1. Great pop art! I can't help it but I have to say you will be able to eye your luggage right away on the carousal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the new Tumi Tag 22" 2 wheeler & the 32" matching 4 wheeled check bag. I call it, "I'm keepin an eye on you" Of course I have the iphone case too! Soon to post pictures on my site. Patty Plenty

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...