Monday, March 7, 2011

SIMPLE WOOD, GREAT DESIGN

This weekend, I was down in DC spending some quality time with my sister and her family. Between rain showers, we were able to take a number of walks outside. Living in NYC, I forget how nice it is to walk through neighborhoods with tree-lined streets. It got me thinking about how much I love wood as a material. It's so simple yet has such great texture, color and shape. 

While rustic tables and chairs are great and I've written about reclaimed wood (here), recently I've been fascinated by modern designs, all made from wood. Here are a few of my favs. 

Kart Chair by HarBenger2

Jenny Tables by Maria Bjørlykke (The tops flip over to make trays) found via Design Boom

Maple Clock Studio by Off Cut Studio

Wishbone Chair at Design Within Reach

 Desk organizer by Less and More

Modern Child Chair by Jessedirk

White AT Symbol by Edie's Lab

 Abstract Wall Art by Paint Square

Media Cabinet by Wüd Furniture Design
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...