Friday, January 14, 2011

THE BIG DECISION...

A friend wished me good luck on my "forced renovation" this morning. While laughing, I thought to myself it's completely true, given the busy holidays and business, I haven't made a lot of time to tackle projects in my apartment. The flood while hardly ideal, has certainly made me think of the possibilities in my living room and bathroom. (It's also made me highly caffeinated from working at Starbucks everyday...)

Last night, I made the decision to repaint my living room walls white. Those of you who have been reading this blog know I love color. The first thing I did was paint every wall in my apartment, just because I could. But there is something about a fresh white wall appeals to me. It's clean and gives a new perspective on things. Plus, given the eastern facing windows in my apt, I hope will make the living room seem brighter throughout the day.

Now the big decision is which direction I want to go for accessories.  A colorful mix of pink, orange and tan, or pure black and white. Here's my inspiration...

 Image courtesy of P.S. I Made This

Image courtesy of Elle Decor

Image courtesy of Apartment Therapy



or black & white...
Image courtesy of Domino Magazine 

 Source unknown

Image courtesy of Nate Berkus

Image courtesy of Decorpad

Apartment of Jenna Lyons

Which do you think I should go with?

2 comments:

  1. I love the white, don't know which one to pick, I like the white with bright sunny windows, but I'm a color gal, so white with splashes of color works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the white too. Right now all of my accessories are pink and orange, so I'm trying to figure out if this will work as pops of color.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...