Wednesday, December 1, 2010

GETTING CRAFTY

There are times that I absolutely love living in NYC and last night was definitely one of them.
It started with a trip to Kate Spade's flagship in Soho where Erica Domesek from P.S. I Made This was hosting a DIY party to promote her new book (which is both fabulous and inspiring!) 

Six other style/design bloggers including Grace Bonny from Design*Sponge and Michelle Adams from Lonny Magazine, led the way. Party goers were bedazzling and lettering their own fabric bags amongst Cherry Fizz cocktails and the cutest mini hot dogs and burgers I've ever seen. I was totally inspired by all the great ideas I saw last night.

I ended up with a cute leopard print bag, courtesy of the ladies from Lonny. So easy and fun! (As a bonus, they told me that the directions for printing out your own iron-on leopard spots will be up on the site soon!)
Grace Bonny transformed her Kate Spade London Tote using imitation gold leaf to create big shiny polka dots. Check out how she did her cool bag here.
(Image courtesy of Design*Sponge)
After leaving Kate Spade, my friend and I headed to 'Ino, an adorable wine/ panini bar in the West Village. I was just in the middle of telling my friend about a Apartment Therapy book signing I'm going to on Monday (details here), when who should appear, but Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, himself. How cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...