Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Going Round...

The galley kitchen in my tiny apartment is very dark. It sits in the crevice between my building and the one next door and basically looks out onto a brick wall. To add to that, I painted the small space a rich deep blue (Farrow & Ball Drawing Room).

Repainting aside, I've been looking for ways to lighten up the area. One idea I've been toying with is adding a round oversized mirror over the kitchen table. I believe that the shape will compliment my tulip table from Ikea and something dramatic against the blue will instantly become a focal point. I starting pulling some inspiration last night...

I am in love with this fantastic mirror against this gorgeous aqua wall. What drama!
(image: Southern Living)
 Something with a scalloped edge could be fun...
(Image: Wandr Design)
With high ceilings I could also stack two mirrors...
(Image: Apartment Therapy)
Gold or brass details could be interesting.
(Image: House Beautiful)
Wood looks infinitely dramatic against a lacquered wall.
 (Image: House Beautiful)
A sunburst mirror could also add flare to the space.
 (Image: House Beautiful)
A layered look could add some visual interest. 
(Image: Horchow)
Do you use round mirrors in your space?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...