Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moving on from Zebra...

Oh zebra skin rug, how I have a love hate relationship with you. I love the dramatic feel you bring to a room, but oh wow you've shown up in every interior design over the last few years. You've been overused. I'm ready for something new...

 (domino)

 (domino)

 (Elle Decor)

(Domino)
 
With leopard, cheetah and other wild animal prints showing up on the Fall runways and magazines, I can't wait to bring this look into my apartment, but moderation is key. Covering my walls and bed in animal prints (ala 60s love den) is definitely not up my alley. However, I love the idea of using a few  pillows and accents here and there...
(Issac Mizrahi for HSN)

A cheetah rug is an unexpected element in this neutral room

(High Street Market on Etsy)

I might consider zebra if it gets off the floor and onto a chair. Zebrachair.com

1 comment:

  1. I personally don't decorate in animal prints, but I really enjoy seeing others decor in prints, a touch here and there looks great! that is a cool zebra chair.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...