Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hamptons Bound...

Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend! I'm back very sunburned, but well rested. I went out to the Hamptons this weekend to soak in a little sun and celebrate the first weekend of summer!

Without a car (I took the LIRR), I spent most of the weekend exploring the Hamptons on foot. I think I logged about 20 miles over the course of three days! Walking around gave me a chance to check out some of the beautiful homes and gardens along the way to the beach...
I found that I love the mix of architectural styles in the Hamptons. Classic cedar shingle homes sit next to more modern styles. Neither seems to be out of place among the lush greenery and beach views.


In my opinion, dinners out on vacation are best enjoyed overlooking the water. My friends and I had an amazing fish dinner at The Beacon in Sag Harbor, NY. The view of the harbor was stunning.
Saturday night was a fantastic dinner at Meeting House in Amagansett, NY followed by a lively reggae show at The Stephen Talkhouse.
All in all a great weekend. I'm back for a few days, before flying out to San Francisco to go to the Alameda Antiques by the Bay show on Sunday, June 6.
(Photos: Octavia & Brown, Old Stone Highway Home, Meeting House)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...